how to apply?
The basis for the application is:
• A 2-4 page synopsis of a future screenplay which can be an original idea or an adaptation from children’s literature (preferred). It should contain a short description of the whole plot and the main characters.
• Producer’s note (1 page) describing: Why this project? Why this team?
• Bio-filmography of both scriptwriter and producer. If a scriptwriter doesn’t have any film experience, then a detailed description of literary experience is necessary.
• You can only apply as a 2-person team of writer-producer. We only accept participants from Poland and Norway. Mixed Polish-Norwegian teams are also invited.
• If you are considering applying but don’t have a team yet, or want to learn more, don’t hesitate to register. Registration is a first step to submission and also a way to get access to our database of inspiring articles and links to our hand picked films. You can register here.
how to create a team
• If you are a producer looking for a writer, or a writer looking for a producer, we have a place where you can meet and discuss your ideas. Join our Facebook group and meet likeminded people, share your thoughts, ambitions, tastes. Our Facebook group is a matchmaking site for filmmakers who want to make great films for children. This is a place where you can discuss the articles and films we will provide for you after you register. Join our Facebook group now here.
• If you fail to find a producer or a writer (but prove to us that you have tried), we will try to help find you the partner.
• Polish teams – 15. October 2014 (Wednesday 23:59)
• Norwegian and mixed Polish-Norwegian teams – 15. September 2014 (Monday at 23:39)
• Announcement of chosen teams - 31. October (Friday)
Workshop and on-line sessions:
• First Session – Poznań: 3-10.XII.2014
• Second Session – Kristiansand: mid-April 2015
• Third Session – Wrocław: mid-July 2015
• On-line Sessions (Skype/conference calls, e-mail): January 2015, June 2015
Approximate dates for the successive stages of work:
• First draft of a screenplay – March 2015
• Second draft of a screenplay – June 2015
• Corrected Second draft of a screenplay - September 2015
Directors attached to the project can take part in Second and Third Workshops Sessions are free, but organizers will not cover the cost of transportation, accommodation and board.
Supported by a grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants and co-financed by the Polish funds.
Name of the project: „FILMS FOR KIDS”